Thursday, August 15, 2024

Solace in Stillness

Today was one of those days. I woke up at 3 PM but stayed in bed until 5 PM, feeling too heavy to move. My only meal was a single Foodman ensaymada bread and a few sips of fresh milk. I had no desire to do anything; my head throbbed, my body ached, and my heart was burdened with a thousand small sorrows. 

It's been 3 days now, and I would randomly tell Dadikins, "Di, I want to cry," and when he asks why, "I don't know why." is what I reply... or maybe... it's a lie? Probably it’s the petty issues happening in my life, or the music in the car that's hurting me, stirring emotions I can't process. I couldn’t bring myself to scroll through socmed --- I just didn’t want to see anyone and any news about "it". Even the thought of watching a GoSe or Ghibli or online retail therapy, hoping to divert my attention, held no appeal. I'm quiet surprised! I certainly know why, but the depth of the hurt surprises me. It’s unexpected  and it's pulling me under. Why and how does "it" managed to weigh so heavily on my heart?

P.S Emily in Paris Season 4 is here and I suddenly felt okay. Plus the new episode of Pulang Araw gave me some light. Yes, OK na si OA! ^^ #Jeonghannnaaaa!


No comments:

Post a Comment