Sunday, February 17, 2013

After School: Getting True Satisfaction.

Academic achievements is important to us, students, resulting for some individuals to resort to less ethical practices to secure good to excellent academic grades.

I am an alumna of a four-year program from one of Bacolod's most esteemed institutions. My graduation lacked any formal recognition, a consequence of my indifference towards my belief --- "SAY NO TO CHEATING".

In college, I was the CCTV during exams and quizzes. The "tagabantay" among us. My reminders to avoid cheating made me infamous but I adhered to the principle of "Honesty is the best policy" firmly until I graduate.

As a working scholar, church volunteer, and public servant (SK), my academic focus was diversified by my involvement in various extracurricular activities. But not that I lack the time to study, I was simply not the studious type. During exams, I answered questions based on stored knowledge, regardless of whether I had studied them before. I was often the first to submit my test paper, creating an impression that I had studied thoroughly. hahahahaha

While my Transcript of Records may not reflect outstanding grades, I take pride in my journey, having pursued and achieved success full of honesty.

Now established in my career, I take pride in my past convictions. Despite a less-than-stellar academic record, my job reflects my unique skills and knowledge, my leadership, and commendable personality --- each gained from the choices I stand for when I was in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment